Barnes Municipal (BAF)
- N42°09.46' W72°42.94' New York Sectional
- Fuel available: 100LL, Jet-A
- 24 hour Airport Rescue and Firefighting service provided by 104th Air National Guard
Runway 02-20: H9000x150 (asphalt) S-75, D-160, DT-240 HIRL
- Runway 02: PAPI (V4L)-GA 3° TCH 43'. Trees.
- Runway 20: MALSR. PAPI (V4L)-GA 3° TCH 43'. Trees.
Runway 15-33: H5000x100 (asphalt) S-51, D-60, DT-155
- MIRL 0.3% up NW
- Runway 15: Trees
- Runway 33: PAPI (P4R). Threshold displaced 225'. Trees
- Attended 7:00 am-10:00 pm.
- For fuel service after 0000 Zulu by prior arrangement or by phone from airport.
- Taxiway Golf closed to civilian ops.
- When tower closed, CTAF 118.9
- MALSR Runway 20; HIRL ?Runway 02-20; MIRL Runway 15-33
- Traffic Pattern Altitude: Light Aircraft -1300’ MSL (1029)
- Traffic Pattern Altitude: Heavy & Military Aircraft -1800’ MSL (1529)
- Expect overhead and closed pattern operations involving fighter and airlift aircraft.
- Landing Fee for commercial, corporate, and all aircraft over 5000 lbs.
- No touch and go landing or practice low approaches 0300-1200Zulu.
- PPR 24 hours for air carrier ops with more than 30 passenger seats – contact airport manager 413-572-6275.
- Flight Notification Service (ADCUS) available.
Weather Data Source:
WESTFIELD TOWER: T 118.9 / G 121.7 (413) 562-4582 Ex 1 (0700L-2200L) CTAF 118.9 (413) 562-4582 (2200 – 0700L)
ATIS 127.1, (413) 572-4561 (0700 - 2200L)
Lockheed Martin FSS:
- Weather Briefings (877) 484-2799
- IFR Clearances/Flt Plan (888) 766-8267
RCO: 122.1R 113.0T (Burlington FSS)?BRADLEY APP/DEP CONNECTICUT: 125.35 ?CLNC DEL: 121.7 (2200 -0700L)?
Class D service 1200-0300Z, other times Class G.
Radio Aids to Navigation:
NOTAM FILE BAF
VORTAC (L) 113.0 BAF Channel 77 N42°09.72' W72°42.97'
VOR portion unusable:
034°-044° beyond 20 nautical miles below 2500'
045°-033° beyond 25 nautical miles below 7000'
045°-033° beyond 17 nautical miles below 3000'
DME portion unusable: beyond 25 nautical miles below 7000'?
WESIE NDB (LOM)
230 BA N42°14.91' W72°41.78'
203° 5.5 nautical miles to field?
ILS 111.9 I-BAF Runway 20.
ILS unmonitored when tower is closed.
*The pilot information at Westfield-Barnes Airport is for general informational purposes only and should not be used as a flight planning resource.
Always check current NOTAM's for accurate airport information.